Welcome to My Adventure

I hope you enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Classes Have Begun

Classes began yesterday and boy was it crazy! I had class off and on from 8:30 in the morning to 5 at night. In between this crazy schedule I found some time to attempt homework, but not a lot of time. A presentation was assigned in my first class that was to be done in groups and due Wednesday. Needless to say, I spent a good portion of the day reading up on William the Conqueror and the Norman invasion of England. This type of course work is not what I am used to, nor is it what I am particularly interested in. I anticipate this course to get better and I know it should because the entire school is taking it. Two of my other courses are communications courses. I feel a bit more at home in these courses with paper assignments and communications-based presentation topics. My fourth class is a marketing class. I think I am really going to enjoy the nature of this class because it is very practical. Devising marketing plans, giving presentations on a communication topic and even learning some British ways of doing things sounds quite interesting to me. I am looking forward to digging deeper into the semester, but getting started is always a bit of a rocky road. Speaking of, I really miss American ice cream. The food here is, well, slightly less than desirable. I have yet to enjoy good ice cream, but I know for a fact that I can find some in London this weekend. I am thinking that Harrod's gelato shop will definitely be in order. Tomorrow I have a bit of an easier day seeing that my afternoon is open. I can definitely put that time to good use, seeing as though the homework is beginning to pile up. I promise in the next few days (Sunday possibly) to have pictures that are a bit more exciting that books. It is hard to find time to go outside and explore when I am either in class or studying. Because my dorm, dining hall and classes are all in the same building I have to make a special trip to go outside. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to make it outside and get some fresh air! I am off to bed!

AM

1 comment: